Arranging a Baptism
Planning a Baptism
- The family should be registered in the parish and the child should be under the age of seven.
- Make an appointment with one of the priests to discuss the Sacrament and schedule the Baptism. (Parish Office: 847-658-7625)
- Attend one Baptismal Preparation Class, which is held at 7:00 PM the first Tuesday of every month, in Bethany Lobby. We ask that you please call the Parish Office 847-658-7625 and register for the Baptismal Preparation Class.
- Baptisms are celebrated in English on the 1st and 3rd weekend after the 4:30 PM Mass on Saturday; and after 9:00 AM Mass on Sunday.
- Baptisms are celebrated in Polish on the 2nd and 4th weekend before Mass at 5:45 PM on Saturday; and before the Sunday Mass at 12:15 PM.
Baptizing an Older Child
The Catholic Church considers anyone over the age of reason (about 7 years old) as a adult and that person cannot be baptized in the Rite for Infant Baptisms. If the child is seven years to twelve years old, we have a process called finding GOD together. Both the parent and the student must each attend instructional classes. The finding GOD together program is the process by which older children are brought to the appropriate sacraments. Contact the Parish Office at 847-658-7625 for more information and clarification.to Top
Baptizing an Adult
The Catholic Church considers anyone over the age of reason (about 7 years old) as a adult. Teenagers and older are invited to The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), is the process in which the faith community of Saint Margaret Mary invites people to join the Church. Contact the Parish Office at 847-658-7625 for more information and clarification.to Top