At St. Margaret Mary, ongoing prayer, education and communication are necessary to foster and strengthen the stewardship conversion process. This formation process should importantly seek to weave the language and practice of stewardship into the very fabric of the parish.
Please prayerfully consider how you can serve in our great Parish Ministries here at St. Margaret Mary. The following is a PDF listing of all current ministries and primary contact information. Feel free to reach out to the Ministry heads for more information on how to join.
The following are the Formation Ministries at St. Margaret Mary Parish…
- Altar Servers (English and Polish)
- Baptismal Preparation
- Boy Scouts & Cub Scouts (Pack 152): The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation’s largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. The BSA provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness.
- Catholics Returning Home
- Confirmation Preparation, Adult
- Culture of Life: The Culture of Life Ministry has a three-fold mission: (1) education about the growth and development of human life before birth and about the sanctity of all human life from conception until natural death, (2) financial support for Crisis Pregnancy Centers which assist pregnant moms, pre-born children, new mothers and their babies with emotional, material and practical needs, (3) social action to witness to the worth and dignity each human life before God. Annual opportunities help to extend the pro-life message: Mother’s Day flower sale, Father’s Day gifts, pro-life booth at the McHenry County fair, legislative alerts and contacts, and baby bottle return. The Life-Chain is on the first Sunday in October.
- Education – St. Margaret Mary Catholic School: We are committed to Catholic education, developing faith life, building community and Christian service. We endeavor to create a school environment that fosters respect for each person, develops healthy self-concept, and is conducive to learning. We offer a curriculum that develops the total person through science, mathematics, social studies, language arts, the arts and religious studies.
- Financial Peace University
- Girl Scouts
- Joyful Stewards
- Marriage Encounter
- Natural Family Planning (NFP)
- Polish Lectors
- Polish Youth Ministry
- Religious Education (Elementary RE): The RE program strives to support and enhance the religious foundation already developed by the parents of our students in kindergarten through Fifth grade. Our goal is to help students fall in love with Jesus Christ on a personal level. In order to achieve this, we need both knowledge and heart. We have a rich Catholic tradition which helps us understand the unconditional love of God and promptings of the Holy Spirit. We help prepare children for the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. We currently use the Finding God Series from Loyola Press. Finding God: Our Response to God’s Gifts is based on a spiral curriculum that integrates the fundamental themes of the Catechism of the Catholic Church with Scripture and Catholic Social Teachings.
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA): A program to welcome adults who wish to explore the Catholic Faith. Those who choose may prepare to receive the Sacraments of Initiation; Baptism, Communion and Confirmation. This program is for those who have not been raised in the Catholic Faith, including the unbaptized, baptized Protestant, or baptized Catholic.
- Vacation Bible School
- Young Adult (YACHT)
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry