Advent gives us time to slow down and take a look at ourselves—where we are going. As Christians, its gives us a vision of our lives, reminds us of God’s actions in the lives of our ancestors in the past and shows us the new possibilities of what our life can be.
The vision of life that Advent gives us is twofold; it looks back to the first coming of Christ at Bethlehem, and it looks to the future when Christ will come again. In the interval between these two events we find meaning for our life as a Christian.
First, we celebrate Christ-become-human. We view his life and experience his presence as a human being in our history. Christ came to show us what life can and should be. He gave us true and valid principles by which we can live true and valid lives. But Jesus knew that the human heart could not live in isolation. He formed the Church around the concept of a people held together by love. In that community we discover unlimited possibilities and meaning. Alone we can do nothing. Together we find real meaning.
Advent Dates 2022
- November 27 – First Sunday of Advent
- December 4 – Second Sunday of Advent
- December 11 – Third Sunday of Advent
- December 18 – Fourth Sunday of Advent
Sacrament of Reconciliation
In the Chapel:
- Tuesday, December 14th 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 15th 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday, December 16th 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday, December 17th, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
In the Church:
- Saturday, December 18th 9:00 AM – 10:00AM 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Monday, December 20th 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 22nd 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday, December 23rd 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM