A Heart to Heart with God
At St. Margaret Mary we provide and facilitate a variety of personal and communal prayer opportunities and related education within the parish. It is also through prayer and living the Mass that we learn to recognize, receive, accept and share God’s grace and giftedness in love of God and neighbor.
RECOGNIZE – we all have gifts – all that is good comes from God. We need to discern and help each other recognize our giftedness. Prayer and the sacraments dispose a soul to receive God’s abundant graces, which are necessary to grow in holiness.
Please prayerfully consider how you can serve in our great Parish Ministries here at St. Margaret Mary. The following is a PDF listing of all current ministries and primary contact information. Feel free to reach out to the Ministry heads for more information on how to join.
The following are the Prayer Ministries at St. Margaret Mary Parish…
- Charismatic Prayer:
In Spirit and Truth Prayer Group
Open to all. We proclaim Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and foster a personal relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We experience the grace of Pentecost through the gifts and charisms of the Holy Spirit to build up of the Body of Christ.
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.” ~John 4:24
- Eucharistic Adoration: Eucharistic Adoration is a form of prayer which brings us into the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. Our Lord offers us special graces as we spend quiet time with him. Adoration is silent and peaceful prayer with Jesus who is visible, exposed and truly present in the Host within the monstrance.
- First Friday Hour of Preparation: On the first Friday of every month, an hour of reparation and devotion is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Hour of Power: All parishioners and ministry coordinators are invited and encouraged to gather for intercessory prayer for our friars, parish staff and every ministry at St. Margaret Mary. This peaceful prayer hour is offered 4 times per year, and includes Adoration and music.
- Prayer Network: The Prayer Network is a community of parishioners who pray for the concerns and needs of those in St. Margaret Mary parish. Prayer requests are sent by email to Rosemary, and she emails the prayer requests to the members as they are needed. “I have very much enjoyed working in this ministry as I feel it brings the community together when they share the burden of each other’s lives in a spiritual manner.” Rosemary
- Vocation Hour: Each month parishioners are encouraged to pray together in the chapel for vocations to the priesthood and religious life Includes Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.