- Homeless Outreach: Two monthly teams’ shop, cook, deliver, and serve breakfast for the area Homeless in Elgin, once a month, on different Mondays, alongside other ecumenical groups. “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat.” Matthew 25:35
- Mail Team
- Meals On Wheels: Do you have 1-2 hours to spare, to deliver a “dish of happiness” to individuals in our community in need of a meal? Deliveries take from 1 to 1 1/2 hours during the day, Monday thru Friday, starting at 10:30 a.m. Our parish delivers meals in January, September and May and we are looking for additional drivers. Many hands make for light work,” to provide a meal. For years, St. Margaret Mary parishioners have come together to assist the Meals On Wheels program, in delivering meals to senior citizens in the Algonquin area. Delivering meals is a very rewarding experience and is recommended for anyone who wants to be part of a unique volunteer opportunity.
- Men’s Kairos – Prison:
- Prayer Shawls: We knit, crochet, and create hand crafts together to provide a hand-made shawl to those in need of healing, comfort or to celebrate a joyous occasion. Made with prayer and given with compassion or joy, prayer shawls are a gift of love, friendship and caring. Based on compassion and caring for others as well as the love of fiber arts. We meet Wednesday mornings from 10:00 – 11:00 in the lower level of the Activity Room at Eastgate Manor. The 3rd Monday of the month from 7:00-8:30 PM in Room 6 of the Ministry Center.
- Rosary Makers: The rosary makers meet in the Ministry Center. If you have a disability, and would like to participate, we will assist you. The rosaries are given to hospitals, charities, our church and school. You may work at your own pace and order as many inexpensive packages of beads as you need.
- Social Outreach: Parish family volunteers who provide assistance to those needing help within the surrounding community. This includes providing school supplies for children, organizing the parish Christmas Giving Tree which provides gifts to the elderly, for families and single mothers that are experiencing financial hardships as well as providing clothing various homeless shelters. In the spirit of Jesus’s love and compassion all peoples are assisted without reservation.
- Society St. Vincent dePaul: Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St. Vincent DePaul leads women and men to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person, in-home service to those who are in need in the Algonquin and LITH area. Its members, called Vincentians, reflect the whole family of God. Prayer, reflection, and mutually supportive gatherings nourish us. The society collaborates with other social and charitable organizations. We make no distinction in those we serve because in them, Vincentians see the Face of Christ in every Friend in Need.
- Web Ministry: Evangelization through a newer medium. Basic computer skills (web, software program usage) and a desire to make a positive impact in Christ’s Church is all that’s required. We are seeking all who will improve and/or help maintain our ever-growing site. If you have those skills, we could use your help.